Happy Father's Day to all the dads at CDD.
"A father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when you are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everything's going be ok."
CDD Mission Statement
To support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential.
- Everyone has the ability to learn, grow and maintain skills;
- With encouragement and assistance, everyone can make lifestyle choices;
- Lives are enriched through social relationships, active community involvement and access to comfortable and safe residential opportunities;
- Everyone has the means to express themselves, to communicate, to interact, and to develop relationships, resulting in a positive self-image.
Since 1972, CDD has provided excellent supports to persons with developmental disabilities. Some of our services are:
- Training in activities of daily living
- Health, medical, and safety monitoring
- Transportation and food services
- Money management and oversight
- Recreation, socialization, and travel
- Advocacy and legal support
Types of Programs
CDD offers programs in Group Living, Supported Living, and Retirement Living.
- Men and women are supported in group homes in mid-town Kansas City and Grandview.
- Assistive technology and American Sign Language is available to enhance communication with persons who have hearing and speech impairments.
- Individuals are supported in their own apartment on an individual basis.
- Services are tailored according to individual need and may range from a few hours of support per week to 24 hours per day.
- The agency offers a group home environment which includes structured daytime activities for persons 45 and older who wish to retire from work, sheltered employment, or other day-time programs