CLICK HERE FOR THE EMPLOYEE WORK CENTER
"We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history."
~ Sonia Johnson
CDD Mission Statement
To support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential.
- Everyone has the ability to learn, grow and maintain skills;
- With encouragement and assistance, everyone can make lifestyle choices;
- Lives are enriched through social relationships, active community involvement and access to comfortable and safe residential opportunities;
- Everyone has the means to express themselves, to communicate, to interact, and to develop relationships, resulting in a positive self-image.
Since 1972, CDD has provided excellent supports to persons with developmental disabilities. Some of our services are:
- Training in activities of daily living
- Health, medical, and safety monitoring
- Transportation and food services
- Money management and oversight
- Recreation, socialization, and travel
- Advocacy and legal support
Types of Programs
CDD offers programs in Group Living, Supported Living, and Retirement Living.
- Men and women are supported in group homes in mid-town Kansas City and Grandview.
- Assistive technology and American Sign Language is available to enhance communication with persons who have hearing and speech impairments.
- Individuals are supported in their own apartment on an individual basis.
- Services are tailored according to individual need and may range from a few hours of support per week to 24 hours per day.
- The agency offers a group home environment which includes structured daytime activities for persons 45 and older who wish to retire from work, sheltered employment, or other day-time programs